Sunday, July 19, 2009

Exotic and Exciting? No?

Alright, alright, yes. I have malaria. But everyone can stop worrying about it. Although it’s scary and exotic at home, it’s rather run-of-the mill here. I’m on meds, I feel pretty damn good too. I literally haven’t thrown up in days and days! Fever? Nope! Migranes? Nope! Aches and pains? Dizziness? Nope! Nope! Nope! Remember this? Yeah… well they kept making me get wicked sunburns. I thought slim chance of Malaria, or definite melanoma? Whelp, guess I lost that bet.
My only knowledge of malaria previous to coming to Yemen had come from popular archaeological fiction. Namely it involved a remote bedouin oasis, and a master criminal swooning gracefully whilst a chaste maiden dabbed at his feverish, perspiring brow... not quite my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment