Friday, February 27, 2009

Malaria be damned!


I finally got my prescription for malaria. I will, at least initially, be living in Aden, Yemen’s second largest city, on the coast. The weather is exceedingly hot and muggy and a veritable breeding ground for mosquitoes and pestilence! You don’t need to take malaria meds in Sana’a or any place above 2,000 feet which, Aden is not. The pharmacist carefully explained the side effects and procedures for taking my meds- small concern being stated because of the extended duration I will be needing the medicine- and then proceeded to hand me the bottles. Yes plural. BottleS. Oh shit. I have gone ahead and put a normal size prescription bottle into the picture for size comparison. I’ve never seen anything like it. The pills are however, a very unusual shade of cerulean blue that I find quite becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment