Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Protest follow-up

In regards to the protests- several people were killed as thousands of people marched in formation and shouted anti-government slogans. The government has blamed the unrest on southern rebels demanding secession, but largely the unrest revolves around people in the impoverished south protesting against bad living conditions.
I googled some articles and didn't get too much info- if you can go to the website armiesofliberation.com - Jane Novak is a journalist/blogger living in Yemen. I feel like she probably writes good, true stuff. I don't actually know if she's a talented writer or not, the Yemeni government has banned her website so I'm unable to read the content... and that's probably why I'm so interested in it. If you can, check it out and let me know how it is.

I missed everything that happened yesterday- Monday evening i was again struck down with these crazy flu-like syptoms; copious vomiting, high fever, dizziness, chills, and sharp shooting stomach pains. Clearly this sounds like the flu. But it just keeps happening. Pretty much like clock-work I have had the same syptoms every 4-5 weeks since I got here. Sometimes it's with a sore throat and congestion, sometimes with dibilatating migraines, but always with nausea, dizziness and high fever. And it's starting to happen more frequently. What the eff?

1 comment: