Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet gesture

My students periodically bring me small prizes- usually food items- I’m assuming to show their appreciation of my superior teaching style and total on job professionalism. Yesterday one of my favorite students- a dentist in her late 30’s- brought me a keychain. She had had her brother pick it up on his recent trip to Syria. It was very sweet and very thoughtful. I love my students. But anyway the keychain (that I’m totally using) is a hand carved wooden heart with two nesting birds on it. Painstakingly painted on it in Arabic calligraphy are our names, Taryn on one side, Layal on the other. Two names on a beautiful heart. Jokingly I said to her-
Taryn: “oh Layal! That’s so sweet, thank you so much!”
Layal: “oh no problem teacher”
Taryn: “but Layal… does this mean that we’re in love?”
Layal: “what teacher?
Taryn: “bah… nothing!”

No comments:

Post a Comment