Monday, May 25, 2009

falling stump

A couple of days ago as I was briskly walking along the road near Amideast - the little lane with all the dead animals and bones I previously mentioned here? Remember? I was trapped in the inner-circle of thought, deep in the throes of life contemplation and introspection. Even as my mind was in a faroff place, I still had the wherewithall to circumnavigate an area of the road that is bounded by low-hanging trees. What? Shade in Yemen!? and you are avoiding it? Whatever for?!

Any casual observer will instantly acknowledge that that is an area best avoided. The low lying branches of the trees are the prefered nesting grounds of the locals birds- and with one look at the myriad animal carcai (my best guess on the plural form of the word "carcass"), litter, and abundance of animal droppings covering the roadway below them , it is clear that expelling their noxious waste on unsuspecting passerby is their favored pastime.

Just as I was passing beneath the trees, a bloody chicken foot fell in front of me! I mean.. and then I leapt back in suprise! But then I continued on my merry way. Hmmm... I guess that was a rather anticlimactic ending to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment