Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mild hypothermia

Sana'a is freezing- I had heard, I had been warned, but I absolutely did not believe that Yemen could get this cold. I am wildly unprepared for this type of weather- I have one hooded sweatshirt. Bah... that's it, that's my winter wardrobe. I finally went out and bought a pair of knee high socks the other day- and yes, they are both stylish and warming. I have taken to sleeping in long pants, my hoodie, and socks with multiple blankets- just a few days ago in Aden I was sleeping in boxers and a sports bra, on top of my covers with the air conditioning and fan on full blast. Immediately after the sun goes down (around 6:30) I start shivering and whinning, mostly to Matt. The other day I was moaning from hypothermic shock at such a continuous and shrill volume that Matt finally checked the temperature - it was over 60 degrees. I have turned into a big pansy. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment