Sunday, January 3, 2010

Indian goddess

My friend Hussain- the old Indian tea seller at the café(I’ve mentioned him before) just got back from a THREE MONTH trip to India. Three months is completely excessive in my mind, but quite a normal length of time round these parts. People routinely go visit there family and stay for a couple months. When I went to Greece and Turkey, people were astounded that we only went for two weeks. But I mean… I have a job… two weeks is actually quite a long vacation, right? So anyway FINALLY he came back the other day. It was so nice to see him, we were such buddies before he left. He brought me back a salwar kameez/ long jangly Indian shirt and pant set as gift- extremely thoughtful, sweet gesture. So my last day in Aden I went in full hindu glory… to teach Yemeni teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment