Friday, April 24, 2009

Vacay/Goodbye!

Early tomorrow morning Matt and I are going here:
Matt has been transfered and I am "helping" him move. And by "helping him move" clearly I mean playing all day. I'm extremely excited to explore around Sana'a especially the old town and the suq area, which is a UN World Heritage Site. Eventually we will take a day trip here:
This week has been extremely hectic so I haven't done one ounce of planning for this little vacation and I guess we will play it largely by ear. Sana'a is far more conservatve than Aden so I will be wearing hijab the entire time, maybe with abaya. At no point will I good naturedly punch Matt on the back, or grasp his arm when I'm excited about something, and we can just forget about finding a $1,500 riyal can of beer! After a week I shall bid Matt adieu, and fly back to Aden to begin another session and further immerse myself into this amazing, and unfamiliar lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment