Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This would NOT happen to Fuffy!

Today in class I asked my students if they had any pets- I have seen a lot of feral cats and dogs around, all of which could kick the living shit out of any pet I've ever had, so I was just curious what the deal was. At first the concept of "pet" was a bit hard to grasp, "bet? Bit? What this mean?" "No no pet, you know like a dog or cat that you bring into your home and it lives with you?" Then they were all summarily horrified at the idea of a cat or dog IN their home. Finally the concept sunk in "oh yes teacher! Pets! Yes we have lots of pets. Chickens, goats, lambs. Yes, yes lottts of pets!" I was like oh wow, huh, that's cool and we moved on. A few minutes later it dawned on me, "wait wait wait, do you eat those pets?!" "Of course we do teacher! Delicious!" Okay that's just not a pet... in America we don't usually eat our pets but yeah, alright, similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment