Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Clearly motherhood is not yet calling

The last couple weeks I keep getting babies thrust into my hands. I mean really though, babies? This happened again the other night when Muhammad Ali was driving me home. All of a sudden he pulled the car over, whipped into a building and emerged moments later with a baby… Immediately he positioned the baby into my arms and continued driving. Again we stopped somewhere and he motioned for me to follow him. Bah.. okay… got this baby in my arms…. I don’t know how to hold it….it can’t just stay in the car? Seeing us a woman started cooing over “my beautiful little son” I was all hold on lady! A pale, young, American woman, SURROUNDED by Arabs, is holding a dark skinned, black-eyed, black-haired baby and you honestly think this is my son? I am NOT ready for children, I mean if I knew going in that it would turn out a raging triumph like myself well than yeah, alright, I guess I'll have some babies.
On the drive home I spent the entire time wondering if it was going to pee on me and what exactly makes it so squirmy.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, but...
    From one Amelia fan to another:
    a digital tour of Karnak!
    http://dlib.etc.ucla.edu/projects/Karnak
    Enjoy!

    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete