Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm a frickin bombshell

A note on all things sartorial-
Muslim culture mandates that all women not wearing abaya dress extremely conservatively. I was told to wear long sleeved, loose, long shirts, in a light material, that were a size larger than usual so as not show off my comely figure (unfortunately I assumed this was the rule for pants as well, and at a size too large I find myself harrowingly close to mooning people every day).
The other day I was wearing the other day was a very becoming shade of turquoise with little blue embroidered flowers in a long tunic form. I fear it might have been unsuitable though- not due to an inappropriately plunging neckline, nor was my problem exposed midriff, rather for an unfortunately clingy, stretchy accentuation of my ladyparts.
Before I moved I picked up what I thought was a sufficiency of such garments, assuming that they would be readily available here. Such is NOT the case. Ladies fashion is..umm…singular. Beneath the flowing, billowy black abayas, women care wear whatever they wish. Upon investigation it appears that none of the women wish to wear long, loose, body-shielding attire, THEY WANT TO IN A BRITTNEY SPEARS MUSIC VIDEO. All garments are comprised of one part shiny, one part stretchy, one part gemstone bedazzled, and one part dangling appurtenances. Even at my most chic, I am blessedly aware, that I simply cannot pull off dangling appurtenances.

No comments:

Post a Comment