Monday, August 31, 2009

Pure Glory

The most glorious vacay that I have ever had the priviledge to partake of is commencing shortly. A few hours after final exams, I'm flying to Sana'a to meet Matt. EXTREMELY early the next morning we are flying to GREECE! That's right! Greek Island hopping vacay! I'm beside myself with excitement. I tried to learn a few words in Greek but whoa nelly that's a crazy looking language, I instantly gave up.

We are getting into Athens around noon on the 10th of September, bumming around for a bit, and taking the night ferry to Crete. From there we will go to Santorini, and then maybe Mikinos or Hydra. We aren't really sure yet, the world is our oyster!
I am planning on:
-Not wearing long, enveloping garmets in 100+ degree weather
-drinking carafe, after carafe, after carafe of delicous, local wine and then washing that down with some ouzo
-eating exorbitant amounts of lamb and cheese
-wearing a bathing suit, not a burka to go swimming
-quelling my archaeological fever whilst prowling among the ruins
-running and dancing and leaping and showing off my forearms and ankles just for the hell of it
-shaking men's hands when I meet them
-taking many HOT showers
-acting like a 23 year old, carefree American gal on vacay

It get's much much better. After many glorious days, Matt and I are heading to Istanbul, Turkey and meeting up with MY FAMILY!! Woo-hoo! Amazing! I can't even fathom how this happened, but papa and I had the EXACT same two weeks of vacation time. So poppa, mom, my sister, Matt and I are all going to bum around Istanbul for a few days and then roam the coast of Turkey; eating nice meals, enjoying our superior comany, taking lots of breaks for refreshments and fun, and just relaxing. I just can't wait. This gloroius vacay couldn't be happening at a better time- i've been getting pretty antsy/angsty lately and this is just what the doctor ordered. Can't wait to see the fam! Greece AND Turkey? Does it get any better than that?!


1 comment: