Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My personal mecca

Front door of my apartment building, and my balcony!

living room going to my bedroom

I mentioned that I moved. It’s in the complete opposite direction of where I intended to move, but pretty awesome. I have a small, one bedroom flat with a living area, kitchen, bathroom and… A BALCONY! Balconies are surprisingly hard to come by and seeing it pretty much sold me on the spot. Living standards are… shall we say, lower than I am used to (and clearly that’s saying a lot as my previous living arrangements were such littlr gems as the Trem39, Club 425, 615 the lakehouse and then Club Abyss in Wisco)My standards aren’t exactly high but come on! I saw horrific apartment after horrific apartment, and it was all pretty discouraging. Living at the place you work (aka hundreds of exuberant teenagers constantly around from 8am to 8pm) = not awesome. So when I found this place- newish, cleanish, quiet, BALCONY, I was instantly smitten. I was in and out, negotiations done, pleasantries exchanged, contract signed, idle, mandatory chit chat about Obama, hands shook, in 15 minutes. Boom. This is my first big-girl apartment with no roommates, my own little oasis of solitude. I am enjoying it immensely.
bedroom
My landlord asked me how old I am the other day. Oh, 23. What? I thought you were 16, maybeeee 17. Yeah. I get it. You people think I look young. But I was like really? You were perfectly okay renting an apartment to a 16 year old? Now that's just ballsy, mister.

view from my balcony

what is not pictured- a small diwan, the kitchen, and the bathroom that has a "God is Great!" written at the base of the toilet.

1 comment:

  1. I take huge offense to the fact that you did not find living in my poorly lit basement with Kipper stomping around upstairs to be of the highest standards of living known to man.

    ReplyDelete