Sunday, March 15, 2009

Damn you ESL! You've screwed me again!

Over the years I have come to have a rather healthy regard for my prowess in the realm of linguistic expression- I both eschew obfuscation and espouse elucidation. At times I can be extremely loquacious and magniloquent but I believe I maintain an eloquent and articulate communicative style. My verbosity, acquired by copious amounts of reading, stimulating confabulation and colloquy(and my smarty-pants family) has always been a source of pride. I’m a bit of a wordsmith if you will( and upon reflection, I think you will). When referring to teaching English as a Second Language, I have often heard people remark that teaching this subject will absolutely ravage your vocabulary. And I thought hah! Never! I love vocab! Won't let the man bring me down! But then I find my self frequently thinking(luckily not saying. Yet.) things like-
I am went for shopping at mall
or
I am being hungry for lunch meal for now

1 comment:

  1. you say things like "i am went for shopping at mall" all the time. especially at the 19th hole :-P

    can you guess who this is?

    ReplyDelete