Saturday, October 3, 2009

ricocheting poop splash

This is easily the most vulgar title that has ever graced the pages of this blog. It had to be done.

Last night Ben and I decided to go to a film screening at the German center- this was indeed an exciting occurence because the last time they showed a film (at the French center) was about 5 months ago.
The film was "Das Boot" about a German U-boat during the war. Before I knew that that was the name of the film we would be presently watching, Ben made a comment about "something, something, das Boot" I go, "Oh, Das boot? You mean like those big boot-shaped beer glasses? yeah, there's a bar in Seattle that has those!"
Not one of my brightest moments.

it turned out to be an almost 4 hour ordeal- Ben and I were the only ones there except for the one German guy and the two people that run the French center. It was awkward. I felt like we couldn't leave, plus I liked it, I wanted to see how the film ended!
*SPOILER ALERT*
the Germans lose the war.

But here is the kicker...
We were watching the film outside on a big projector- happily enjoying fresh squeezed orange juice, and munching on some shwarma with a fan blowing on our backs. it was straight up posh for Yemen. About a half hour into the film, all these bats started flocking above us. Ben and I watched them interestedly almost as much as we watched the film - making Ace Ventura jokes, the bats were darting and swooping overhead, making a surprising amount of racket.
And then...
one pooped on my FOREHEAD.
no but seriously. A BAT POOPED on my FOREHEAD.
There was such force behind the expellation of guano that it RICOCHETED ONTO BEN'S SHIRT.
What a nice moment for us to share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment